Chad Edwards, PhD, HSPP
Indiana Licensed Clinical Psychologist
I was born and raised near South Bend, Indiana. I completed my undergraduate degrees in Psychology and Studio Art at Indiana University in Bloomington. I then earned a Masters degree in Neuropsychology before returning to IU where I received a Psychology PhD in the programs of Clinical Science and Neuroscience. I completed a year of internship training at the Edward Hines Jr. Veterans Hospital near Chicago and received postdoctoral specialty training in pediatric neuropsychology at the IU School of Medicine. In addition to clinical interests, I have a number of publications in respected peer reviewed journals in the areas of brain imaging, exposure to violent video games, psychiatric disease, drug abuse, and translational human-animal models of brain circuitry and information processing (publication list below).
I have a wonderful wife and three great children. In addition to clinical and research interests, I enjoy fishing, skiing, painting, hiking, camping, and other family activities.
- Patrick D. Skosnik, Mihály Hajós, Jose A. Cortes-Briones, Chad R. Edwards, Brian P. Pittman, William E. Hoffmann, Andrew R. Sewell, Deepak C. D’Souza, and Mohini Ranganathan. (in press, 2018). Cannabinoid Receptor-Mediated Disruption of Sensory Gating and Neural Oscillations: A Translational Study in Rats and Humans. Neuropharmacology.
- Steinmetz, A., Edwards, C.R., Vollmer., J., Erickson, M., O'Donnell, B., Hetrick, W., Skosnik, P. (2011, epub ahead of print). Examining the Effects of Former Cannabis Use on Cerebellum-Dependent Eyeblink Conditioning in Humans. Psychopharmacology.
- Bolbecker, A.R., Steinmetz, A.B., Skosnik, P. D., Edwards, C. R., Steinmetz, J. E., & Hetrick, W.P. (2011, epub ahead of print). Evaluation of Bidirectional Interstimulus Interval (ISI) Shift in Auditory Delay Eyeblink Conditioning in Healthy Humans. Learning and Behavior.
- Kalnin, A.J., Edwards, C.R., Wang, Y., Kronenberger, W.G., Hummer, T., Mosier, K.M., Dunn, D.W., & Mathews, V.P. (2011). The interacting role of media violence exposure and aggressive-disruptive behavior in adolescent brain activation during an emotional Stroop task. Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, 192(1), 12-19.
- Steinmetz, A. B., Edwards, C. R., Steinmetz, J. E., & Hetrick, W. P. (2009). Comparison of Auditory and Visual Conditioning Stimuli in Delay Eyeblink Conditioning in Healthy Adults. Learning & Behavior, 37(4), 349-356.
- Edwards, C.R., Skosnik, P.D., Steinmetz, A.B., & Hetrick, W.P. (2009). Sensory Gating Impairments in Heavy Cannabis Users are Associated with Abnormal Neural Oscillations. Behavioral Neuroscience, 123 (4), 894-904.
- Bolbecker, A.R., Mehta, C., Johannesen, J.K., Edwards, C.R., O'Donnell, B.F., Shekhar, A., Nurnberger, J.I., Steinmetz, J.E., & Hetrick, W.P. (2009). Eyeblink conditioning anomalies in bipolar disorder suggest cerebellar dysfunction. Bipolar Disorders, 11, 19-32.
- Bolbecker, A.R., Edwards, C.R., Mehta, C., & Hetrick, W.P. (2009). Cerebellar-dependent eye-blink conditioning deficits indicate temporal processing abnormalities in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research, 111 (1), 182-191
- Edwards, C.R., Skosnik, P.D., Steinmetz, A.B., Vollmer, J.M., O’Donnell, B.F., & Hetrick, W.P., (2008). Assessment of Forebrain-Dependent Trace Eyeblink Conditioning in Chronic Cannabis Users. Neuroscience Letters, 439 (3), 264-268.
- Skosnik, P.D., Edwards, C.R., O’Donnell, B.F., Steinmetz, J., Steffen, A., & Hetrick, W.P. (2008) Cannabis Use Disrupts Eyeblink Conditioning: Evidence for Cannabinoid Modulation of Cerebellar-Dependent Learning. Neuropsychopharmacology, 33, 1432-1440.
- Edwards, C.R., & Skosnik, P.D. (2007) Cerebellar-Dependent Learning as a Neurobehavioral Index of the Cannabinoid System. Critical Reviews in Neurobiology, 19(1), 29-57.
- Edwards, C.R., Newman, S., Bismark, A., Skosnik, P.D., O’Donnell, B.F., Shekhar, A., Steinmetz, J.E., & Hetrick, W.P. (2007). Cerebellum volume and eyeblink conditioning in schizophrenia. Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, 162, 185-194.
- Brenner, C.A., Edwards, C.R., Carroll, C.A., Kieffaber, P.D., & Hetrick, W.P. (2004). P50 and Acoustic Startle Gating Are Not Related in Healthy Participants. Psychophysiology, 41(5), 702-708.
- Spencer-Smith, J., Wild, H., Innes-Ker, Å., Townsend, J. T., Duffy, C., Edwards, C., Ervin, K., Paik, J. W. & Prause, N. (2001). Making faces: Creating 3-dimensional, ecologically-motivated poseable expressions. Behavior Research Methods, Instruments and Computers, 33 (2), 115-123.